Sickness! Lucy and Norman both have colds. She still has near-boundless energy, though, of course.
Lots of Duplo play. I think at the moment her Sesame Street camper RV is full of Duplo zoo animals. Not sure what the story is there.
Dress up.
Lots of dictation. Norman and I have written many long, rambling notes and signs for her the last three days.
Spent a large chunk of time this morning using her dry erase workbooks. She did some letter tracing, but mostly spent a lot of time doing very detailed work on a party (balloons, streamers, cakes, and bowls of candy) to make me feel better (Norman and I were having an emotional conversation).
Then she decided (I think) to organize her closet? She had some grand scheme that involved the dresses in her closet, the hangers, and making signs. And switching the hangers. She recruited me to help, and I'm still not sure what was going on. It was very serious, though.
Spent a little time at GrandMary's before I got to the ice rink on Wednesday and realized it was hockey camp week and I couldn't skate.
She's been making up lots of rhyming couplets. Here's one I put on Facebook:
TV: Curious George, Brave. She also watched part of a documentary on the history of NYC with me, though not nearly as intently as I, of course.
Books: Doctor Meow, Jessica's X-Ray, the Chinese restaurant menu that came in the mail (she insisted on that one before quiet time today). Then after I read her that, she "read" me a bunch of very detailed science from her biology workbook. She was reading percent signs as "degrees". That was fun.
No library, no Megan's, because of the sickness.
But tonight after dinner I put together a bubble snake maker! So fun! All three of us thought it was great! And it's super easy.
LUCYOLPUYY
[Lucy typed that. She saw me typing up this blog post and wanted to type too.]
And then I read her a book from the 1960s about signs that she picked out of her library. Whew.
Pic dump ['cause I'm past caring right now]:

No comments:
Post a Comment