Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Last Baby Henry day! Sad. He's just the cutest and clever as a whip.  He got out the pinwheel and tried to make it spin... by shaking it and spitting at it. Yeah. I said, "Sorry, it's not windy in here!"  Then Lucy suggested that we turn on the fan. Duh. He got down, figured out how to make it spin, and kept looking up and saying, "Cool!"  Adorable.


OK, back to bragging on my own kid. Henry brought this little bug car with him. Lucy picked it up and said, "It's missing a swirl" (on its antenna). To which Megan responded that sure enough it was and she'd never noticed. But then Lucy said, "Actually, I think maybe it came that way because I don't see a scratched broken part where it broke off, so I think it was made like that."  Whoa. Megan and I were both like whaaat? And when I told Norman he had the same reaction. Very perceptive.


Anyway... We watched Sesame Street, played instruments, colored ("cuh-der" as Henry says), etc. 

After Henry left, Lucy spent almost the entire afternoon highly engaged with her Duplos. It was so serious.  She barely said a word to me and didn't ask me for anything.  For a while in there she switched from Duplos to sticking stickers in a book she had made, but then after dinner it was right back to the Duplos.  I don't know what those zoo animals were doing, but it was very important. 

Norman read to her from the presidents book (Kennedy).

No comments:

Post a Comment