I was surprised at how much like a bear this creature on her No Bears Allowed sign looks.
I was surprised when I looked up and discovered she had taped her socks to the wall to decorate the spot that used to have a big framed poster, except that today I took it down and packed it up.
I was surprised when she put this stoplight together without any help, input, or supervision from me whatsoever.
I was surprised to look up from cooking dinner to find she had stuck little scrap bits of pink glitter foam stickers to her eyelids.
I was surprised at how little supervision she needed and how nimble she was in our backyard kiddie pool today, compared to 10 months ago.
I, however, was not surprised that she watched a bunch of Curious George episodes
built more grand Duplo structures
drew pictures and wrote water language
spelled her name with foam stickers
used her camera to take photos and videos of... nothing? everything?
read more words on the internet and in the Magic School Bus in the Haunted Museum book that I read to her before bed.
Today she was comfortable, calm, imaginative, and engaged, and I was continually surprised. I love days like this.



No comments:
Post a Comment