Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I woke up to Lucy setting up her nap mat and crawling tunnel thing in my bedroom, saying she was going to do a circus. The circus soon morphed into some church announcements (with "juice hour" instead of coffee hour, because "kids can't drink coffee, because it's full of decaf").

She finally let me read her that Scaredy Squirrel book. At the end, he's roasting marshmallows over a toaster. Which I didn't even realize you could do, so we tried it! I had some corn-free (read, made of actual sugar) marshmallows I'd found at the health food store about a month ago. The outsides got ever so slightly crispy and the insides got all melty! Lucy tried it, but she didn't like it! LOL. What.

I was cleaning the kitchen, and from the other room I hear, "How do you make paper??" So I tried to explain it, but then I realized that there's probably a "How It's Made" episode about that. Sure enough! So we watched it. It also told us how jeans, desktop computers, and pane glass is made. But I think they lost Lucy around the end of jeans.

Asked to have her toes painted red, so she watched Curious George while they dried.

Then we met up with some new friends at a playground/farmers market. Lucy played hide and seek, Little Red Riding Hood (which looks remarkably like tag with a girl, a wolf, and a basket), and helped me pick out some vegetables.

Then we were about to leave, but this lady came up to us and said she and the rest of her artists guild had some free art for kids to make! So of course we had to do that.

[Coloring a pre-printed canvas.]
 
[Blowing watercolors around with a straw.]

I read her The Dark by Lemony Snicket (highly recommended, by the way).  

No comments:

Post a Comment