We went to a children's consignment sale. There was free popcorn! Lucy got to see the cool bridge we have around here.
I got her a new (to us) dollhouse at the sale. I'd been looking for a plain, sturdy wood one for a while. This one is great and so was the price! (Elmo is a baby in a crib with a nightlight in the photo.)
She watched Winnie the Pooh.
Dotty read her If You Give a Dog a Donut.
Friday: She created an office for herself (looks like the offices at the bank we've kept having to go back to lately). She made herself a name tag with letter stickers, then insisted on making me one with "Jessica" instead of "Jessie", so I spelled it out for her while she found each sticker.
Watched Blue's Clues (measuring, playing store, birthday party, numbers, and counting to 100).
[PS - Have I already mentioned this here? If you have a Wii, you can download an Amazon app for free that will let you watch Amazon streaming from your TV. Which means if you have Amazon Prime, you can watch all the free shows and movies from your TV! And you can set up a PIN so your kids can't just buy stuff willy-nilly through the Wii. Very cool!]
Threw her own pretend surprise birthday party. I gave her a new dress-up dress.
She wanted to know how they get the two cars to your house if you win two cars on The Price Is Right, so I looked it up and found an interview with someone who won on the show. Cool info.
She also knows how to switch to the Wii on the TV a different, easier way than I had ever done it. Seriously. It's starting. She can work the TV remote better than I can. Insert all the cliches! here.
Met and played with a new friend while I chatted with her mom.
Played with her instruments and old, broken microphone. That was fun to watch.
Dotty read her That Big Guy Took My Ball! (Gerald and Piggie)
She wanted me to write down the names of the two kids we met at the park a couple weeks ago. Then she decided to try to write some of the letters. Then some numbers. Then a "hunting bag", which it turns out she meant what I would commonly call a "hobo sack". Then I made her a "hunting bag" for real with a stick and a bandana. She loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment