Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Church. New church, actually. She's slowly learning that one hour per week, if we have to pick, we're going to pay attention to God instead of her. She isn't taking this very well.  She enjoyed meeting a bunch of new people, and she spent the sermon in "children's church", which seemed to be a discussion group for elementary-school-aged children on the sermon topic.  She also worked on a coloring page, during which time she uttered the following: "Oh, and I can color the clouds blue! ....Wait a minute. Clouds are white." Really? I feel like most kids don't figure this out about coloring until they're like 6 or 7. I know I didn't.

After church they all meet up at a park to eat snacks and hang out, so she got to play on the playground.

Watched Sesame Street Country Songs. I insisted on it only being played once. My ears! 

She went to the mall with Aunt Dotty. They took photos in the photo booth, which Lucy always asks to do with me, but I always say no. Aunts are fun.

After they got home, I read her a book about signs. Then we put together a wooden puzzle of lower case letters. She seems to know about 90% of the names of the lower case alphabet. Then she wanted to spell things with the letters, so I got out more wooden letters I have so we would have enough. She had me spell the names of some of the characters on Bear in the Big Blue House, because she spelled "Ojo" first.

Then she and Norman played hide and seek. And "tag your day", I think? ("Tag your day" is like "tag you're it", except you walk instead of running. We made this up a year or two ago, but I have no idea why she named it thus.)

She sang and played instruments with Dotty after dinner, I think? 

Then Dotty read her Harry the Dirty Dog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment