Blue's Clues -- the one about the snack chart, and the one about the restaurant.
She drew another snack chart, but this time on a dry erase sheet.
She watched Sesame Sings Karaoke. She watched Cars.
She played with her Duplos until she accidentally broke the midwives' house and then she freaked out.
She got her own breakfast this morning. By the time I realized what she was doing, she was standing in the doorway to the living room holding a plastic knife, her stool, and a slice of zucchini bread. (I had to get her a plate and some butter, but she put the butter on herself.)
She got out the colored crafting feathers. I think we were supposed to be tickling each other, but then it just turned into her dumping them all over the floor. Of course.
She's been really into serving us water lately (probably the Blue's Clues episode). Like, she'll put water in a bunch of her plastic cups, then bring them all out on some sort of improvised tray.
Oh and then there was the part where she put on boots, a cowboy hat, and cat ears on top of it and galloped around singing, "I'm a cat cowgirl! I'm a cat cowgirl!"
Busy day for a day where nothing happened, now that I think of it.
I read her an early reader book, Pal and Sal. It was about horses and it was really boring.
With the exception of my dearly beloved Dr Seuss, most "early reader" books are painfully boring.
ReplyDeleteElephant and Piggie are wonderful (of course -- Mo Willems). There are *some* from the generic early reader section that are tolerable, but only because they are about Batman or Toy Story or Star Wars are something. It's entertaining to see the authors try to write about those subjects with tiny words!
Delete