Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday, August 19, 2013

Grocery day. She picked out her own toothbrush at Target. In a surprising twist, she picked a two-pack of Ariel and Tiana over Hello Kitty, Toy Story, and ones that lit up and blinked!

Watched Blue's Clues (playing store, measuring with charts, mixing colors).  Watched Sesame Street (families).

Created a hat store in her playroom.  I was the customer.  I came in and she showed me all the different kinds of hats that she had laid out all over.  I bought two hats for my daughter (a winter hat and a summer hat). She swiped my debit card and had me enter my PIN. Then she wanted to know what it was. I told her it was a secret so nobody steals my money. She said she wasn't going to steal it because she's not a bank robber.  She said no one else was there to hear what I said. She said I could whisper it to her after she got me a bag for the hats. I whispered some numbers to her (not my actual debit card PIN -- I'm not crazy!).  Then she gave me change (?) and a receipt, and I wandered off. Three seconds later I hollered "Lucy! I bought you some hats!" And she said, "Oh good, I need those for my hat store!  Would you like to come in and be my customer?"


Not much else happened today. Or I'm forgetting what happened. My memory has been giving out lately.

Dotty read her Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment