Girl was up for literally hours in the middle of the night last night, talking to her new friends from Cars. Or about them. It seemed to vary. I was in and out of sleep in the next room. So today wasn't the best day ever.
We saw of photo of some nuns, so I explained to her what a nun is.
Field trip to the post office. She pretended she worked there while we were standing in line next to the display of Priority Mail boxes and labels. I guess it looked like a counter to her. She was recommending things to me.
Then we went to WalMart. The purpose of the trip was to buy a chain lock for our front door so she can't unlock it and bolt out and over to neighbor's front yard anymore like she did this morning (again). But she seemed to get a kick out of "booping" our purchases at the self check-out.
Cars plus bonus features.
Read the sticker on her tiny orange. "Cutieskids.com" or something. She got the "cuties" part wrong (I don't remember what she said instead.)
Nap to make up for the late night chatting.
I read her a book about birds and their eggs. It's pretty thorough. I also explained book indexes again. She was fascinated by imprinting. I might see if our library has a copy of Fly Away Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment