Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Played restaurant, store, etc. (Found an old checkbook I had left with her craft stuff -- was very excited.)

Got out the atlas to try to find Los Angeles on the map of California.  I showed her two other towns she had been wondering about lately.

Watched The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.

Reading more.  Yesterday and today both she's been reading a few small words in a row on things, and then guessing at the bigger words.

I showed her how to write a check (including the concept of decimals).


Watched several episodes of Curious George. Clocks, measuring things, kites, science, the postal service, etc, etc.

Spent the rest of the afternoon getting to know George as an imaginary friends. At one point she had a toy wrench and a firefighter helmet, and she said she was going to fix the clock at the library because the fire department didn't know how.  She also wanted to know our house number (because of the episode about delivering mail).

I read her a Magic School Bus book about volcanoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment