Lots of reading lately. I can't keep track of all the words. This morning she kept finding words she knows all over my internet browser.
Grocery store. The two of us entertained a 15-month-old baby who was in line in front of us. Lucy asked the baby's name (and the mom's name, and the baby's dad's name), and told the mom her name (and my name, and Norman's name, and our last name...).
The two of us put together a hand puppet kit.
She watched part of an educational video about California, but got bored about 10 minutes in (as did I), so we switched The Muppets.
But we had to stop that about 2/3 of the way through to check on the weather.
Then we spent way too much time 1.) hiding in our hall closet, and 2.) watching live television coverage of a giant tornado destroying a good portion of the town directly north of us. So then we talked more about tornadoes, and also about "bug out" bags (because I mentioned them) and hurricanes.
We went out for dinner (and internet), and she spent some time making rhymes, and I spent some time writing down the words she asked for. So much reading. When our home internet wasn't working, she said, "Click 'try again'!"
I read her part of a kid's book on South Carolina.
No comments:
Post a Comment