Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Monday, September 30, 2013

When I got out of bed, she already had an office set up in the living room (paper, broken laptop, clock).  Then she got to work drawing a recipe on the paper.

Grocery stores. We found baby bananas! Which I'm pretty sure I'd never seen before, and Lucy definitely hadn't. Of course we had to buy some. First she decided that they're the Halloween candy of bananas. Then when she saw them sitting on the counter with the other two normal-sized bunches of bananas, she decided that they were a banana bunch family.

On the way home, a car made a very bad decisions right in front of us, which caused me to exclaim. Then Lucy wanted to know what happened, but I couldn't explain it very well. So I told her I would show her with some of her toy cars when we got home. Later this afternoon she took me up on it! Then she made up a whole bunch of other bad decisions that cars could make, at least one of which had Duplo-Me driving our Duplo train-car around and around in a circle.

She made me a ruler and a driver's license out of craft foam and marker. She had me spell our address so she could write it down.

She watched Elmo Loves You, then she was looking at the back of the DVD case and noticed that it had a section of advise for parents, which she wanted me to read. This resulted in us playing a short game of Name That Emotion, where we made faces and had to guess each others' faces.

I read her In the Night Kitchen before bed. She was fascinated! She had to go back and look over all the pictures again before she would consent to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment