She spent the majority of her day watching Blue's Clues and responding by doing some of the things they were doing.
When she wasn't doing that, we visited the local firefighter museum. Which is a thing that was have. Thankfully it was only $6 for us to get in, because it was a little overwhelming for her -- sirens, smoke alarms, random motion activated firefighter statue/robot (AAACK!), and just generally having to think about sad/worrying things. Sometimes I forget that she's pretty sensitive, not just to loud noises, but emotionally. I kept emphasizing how they just want us to know what to do so we can be safe just in case something like that happens. But she doesn't like having to think about it. We left after maybe half an hour.
Then, because we were up in a shopping area that we don't usually visit, we went to a used book store and bought this CD and a Horton Hears a Who pencil. (It was going to be a Muppet Golden Book, but at the register she saw the pencil, so I told her she'd have to choose.) Then we went to Starbucks and had coffee/juice.
[Lucy said, "There's my imagination cloud, and there are the bubbles that attach me to my imagination."]
[In response to the Blue's Clues episode where they have a Mr. Salt & Mrs. Pepper Appreciation Day. (That's them in the drawing.) I spelled "to" and "from" for her, and I drew the heart.]
[In response to the Blue's Clues episode where they learn Spanish and make marionetas, she made a marioneta out of Playdoh.]

No comments:
Post a Comment