Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Well the first thing we were supposed to do today was go to a friend's house to have a Wii party, but they were sick, so we couldn't go. This was emotionally devastating to Lucy, so I offered to play Mario Kart with her, which I don't normally do because I don't really like it. Then she also raced by herself.

She spilled her cereal on the floor, so she got to practice using her little brush and dustpan.

She spent some time in the backyard. Not sure doing what, besides getting muddy.

We went to the library, and today was a special summer reading, eat ice cream, and watch Frozen party. Then at the end there was a lady giving out balloon sculptures (I mean, none of them were animals, so...), including Elsas. It was all super cool.

She watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (one about sharing).

She decided she wanted to (finally) treat our USA magnets like a puzzle, so I put it together while she consulted an atlas and her placemat map. We figured out which ones were missing. I told her I had to learn all the capitals in school, so she asked me a bunch of them (which I mostly knew). She wanted to know what else I had to learn about them, so I sang her the song, which is why I know all the states in alphabetical order. (Although now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, I don't think she knows what "alphabetical" means, and she didn't ask.)

Then she wanted to borrow my calculator, and she wants one of her own. She asked Norman something about dividing? so he showed her 10 divided by 5 with some of her beads.

I read her a Doc McStuffins book before bed. (The problem with the toy is that she needed to be in the sunlight so her solar panel could charge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment