We spent the 4th of July having an impromptu farewell lunch here at the house with some dear friends. Three of them are kids, so Lucy was in heaven! They wrestled and played Duplos and ran around outside and played dress up and all sorts of things.
But before they arrived I noticed that the fridge looked like this:
And before I noticed that, I heard her reading Go, Dog. Go! to herself in the playroom. How exciting! I really haven't read it to her much, so I know she was reading instead of remembering. There was some talking about the pictures and some reading, but isn't that how we read to her? So precious to hear her picking out "I like it! I like that party hat!"
Then Aunt Dotty and GrandMary picked her up to take her to the library Aunt Dotty just resigned from to show her around (plus it was Dress Like a Super Hero Day -- in this family we take any possible excuse to dress up in a costume). Lucy made a mask and got some books.
And played on the computer, apparently.
I read her a book I picked up from the other library while she was gone called What You Never Knew About Beds, Bedrooms, and Pajamas. (Pretty interesting! The history of sleeping in Western society.)


No comments:
Post a Comment