Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday, March 24, 2013

By the time I was fully awake this morning, Lucy had fed herself a banana, written her name on the chalkboard, and retrieved and donned her chosen church dress.

Later she put on her own socks and shoes after mentioning off-hand that she wasn't wearing tights because she didn't know how to put them on.

Tried to turn Netflix on by herself to watch Sesame Street. I showed her how to do it. Watched the one about the herbivorous dinosaur twice.

Church.  She insisted on introducing herself to the fellow parishioner Norman was conversing with. At the man's request, she told him when her birthday is, and they had a brief discussion about how baby teeth eventually fall out.

Home. Lunch with Aunt Dotty. Lucy, true to her promise from before we left for church, got married to Walter (from The Muppets). Was super excited about salad and ate a bunch of it.

Watched The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (movie).

Watched me learn how to make palm crosses from YouTube, and tried to make her own by tearing the palm leaves lengthwise, cutting them with her scissors, and taping them together.

Played woodland animal and Spanish vocab games on the internet. Did some typing, and was delighted at the crazy font I picked for her.

I read her The Duckling Gets a Cookie before bed. We will probably be saying "HUBBA-WHAA??" when we're confused for at least several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment